When looking for an apartment, you must consider a number of factors, including location, amenities, rent price, and quality. Another factor that has steadily gained importance in choosing an apartment is its readiness to occupy. Fully furnished and semi-furnished apartments are now common in listings, but what differentiates one from the other remains a mystery to some.
While looking for a new home, we looked at semi-furnished, furnished, and fully furnished apartments on several occasions. A furnished house, in general, is thought to have furniture and fixtures, whereas an unfurnished house does not. Even fully furnished homes, however, are divided into three categories: semi-furnished, furnished, and fully furnished. So, what’s the difference between the two? Many times, developers try to take advantage of people who aren’t aware of the differences by labeling a home as fully furnished when it is actually only partially furnished.
The availability of amenities such as kitchen cabinets, wardrobes, and furniture in a semi-furnished apartment is determined by your landlord.
Pros of Semi-Furnished Apartments
- A fully furnished apartment comes with everything you need, so you won’t be wasting time or money buying things.
- You can buy and fix furniture and appliances of your choice or bring in the old ones that you have been using in your previous apartment
- You can design and decorate the home as per your wish.
- Since the most of of the household items are yours, you are not responsible to your landlord if they are damaged.
Cons of Semi-Furnished Apartments
- When you leave your rented apartment, you must transfer most of your belongings, which can be difficult, especially if you are moving out of city.
- Buying household appliances and furniture will require extra funds and effort.
Fully Furnished Apartments
A fully furnished apartment is one that is furnished with all of the necessary household items. A fully furnished apartment has everything you need for your day-to-day life, from a sofa to a table lamp, a bed to a dresser, and even electronic appliances, utensils, and glassware in the kitchen.
Pros of Fully Furnished Apartments
- A fully-furnished apartment is equipped with everything, hence, you don’t doesn’t have to spend time or money in buying things.
- Moving out of a fully furnished apartment is easy.
- A fully furnished apartment could include items which you were unable to buy due to financial constraints.
Cons of Fully Furnished Apartments
- If you really want a fully furnished apartment, you’ll have to pay more or put down a massive security deposit.
- With the existing furniture, empty spaces may be limited.
- Maintaining a fully-furnished apartment is a liability because the items in the apartment are the landlord’s property.
- You might not have much of a say in how a fully furnished apartment is decorated according to his preferences.
FlatMate.in is the first app that helps you to search shared room/apartments based on common liking & interests and not just based on usual factors like location and price range. In other words, we focus on the relationship between potential roommates. A study shows if you share apartment with compatible roommate then chances are higher that you would stay longer with each other and will become friends for life.